If you wish to protect your smile against all forms of gum disease, it is important to always look for any signs and symptoms that it is present. Gum disease can arise at anytime, and can be exacerbated by the habits in your life, certain genetic predispositions, your diet, and numerous other factors. Thus, it is important to always look for indications of gum disease. Here are a few warning signs to watch out for:
– If you are regularly suffering from bad breath, which continues to return, gum disease may be present.
– The existence of pus or sores in areas between your teeth and gums is a known symptom of gum disease.
– Gums that appear to be pulling away from your teeth and revealing more surface space of a tooth may be an indication of gum disease.
– A heightened feeling of tooth sensitivity, or pain when eating could be signs of gum disease.
– Gum disease may be present if your gums that regularly bleed, especially when brushing or flossing, and when eating.
– Gum disease symptoms include signs of inflammation or excessive swelling.
When you are ready to schedule a gum disease treatment with Heyen DDS Family & Cosmetic Dentistry at our dentist office in Wichita Falls, Texas, you can call us at 940-257-2522. Dr. Don W. Heyen and our entire team look forward to guarding your smile.