Are you a victim of bruxism? Often going undetected, bruxism is caused by the grinding and gnashing of your teeth, often while unconscious. One traditional sign of bruxism is heavy snoring. Ask your sleeping companion or roommate if they have ever observed you snoring or grinding your teeth while you sleep. However, just because you snore does not mean you have bruxism.
Your oral health services guide for spotting bruxism features the following attributes:
– If you are incessantly feeling additional muscle soreness in your face or jaw, be sure to check with your dentist as it may be a sign of bruxism.
– Although it is not always likely that you will get bruxism, if already suffer from a jaw or pain disorder such as TMJ, you may be at a greater risk for bruxism.
– Numerous oral health disorders, including sleep apnea, may increase your risk for bruxism.
– Bruxism is typically seen with individuals who have dull or flat teeth, muscle soreness in their jaw, various issues with their jaw locking up, and an upsurge in tooth sensitivity.
– If you have raw or sore gum tissue that appears gnawed, you may have bruxism.
No matter which option for your bruxism care you choose, Dr. Don W. Heyen and our team at Heyen DDS Family & Cosmetic Dentistry will make sure that you receive the care and quality your smile requires. If you would like to come visit us at our dentist office in Wichita Falls, Texas, please schedule an appointment at 940-257-2522. We look forward to hearing from you.