If you have any teeth that have suffered severe dental damage, a tooth restoration in the form of a dental crown can prove to be beneficial. Dental crowns are designed as fixed tooth prosthetic devices that go over the top of damaged teeth or implants to provide a new exterior to a tooth. Various information regarding dental crowns is as follows:
– If you are in need of covering a tooth restoration such as a dental bridge, dental implant or even root canals, dental crowns can be used.
– Dental crowns are extremely popular options for covering up irregularities in the size, shape, color, or curvature of a tooth and providing your smile the necessary look that is needed. Because they are customizable, they are cosmetic enhancements where needed.
– Dental crowns are extremely durable and can often last anywhere from a few decades up to an entire lifetime of support.
– In some situations, an individual may require a dental filling to remove a cavity. However, fillings are only able to be placed if enough tooth remains to adequately hold it. If there is not enough tooth remaining, a dental crown can be used to hold the tooth and the filling together.
– Dental crowns are highly effective for covering weak and broken teeth, stained or discolored teeth and teeth that are broken into bits.
If you want to experience the joys of dental crowns at Heyen DDS Family & Cosmetic Dentistry, simply call Dr. Don W. Heyen and our team at 940-257-2522 to schedule an appointment at our dentist office in Wichita Falls, Texas.